One-stop Early Voting allows any Wake County registered voter to cast an ballot in person on select days prior to Election Day at any open Wake County Early Vote Site. Voters may change their name or address at a one-stop voting site. Persons who are not currently registered in Wake County may register to vote during early voting.
Required for Registering to Vote at One-Stop Early Vote Site
- NC driver license or identification card/Photo ID from a government agency
- Current utility bill/Current bank statement
- · Government paycheck; invoice; letter; or any other document from a local, state, or U.S. government agency, Property tax bill
- License to hunt, fish, own a gun, etc./Automotive registration
- Paycheck or paycheck stub from an employer or a W-2 statement
- Birth Certificate (must have current address)
- Student photo ID showing current in-county address of the student, or an official document from the school showing student's name and address
Any registered Wake County voter may vote absentee by mail. Learn how here.
This year the Raleigh City Council supplemented the County BOE budget in order to increase Early Voting locations. There are now 4 days of city-wide locations (in addition to downtown). This is a big change from previous municipal elections and we applaud it!